Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Angels all around us.....


That not only are you a daughter or son of your Heavenly Father, but everyone that you come in contact, every day, is a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father too.

We are all spiritual beings, having earthly experiences. Some of those experiences may seem harder than others, but all of us are having experiences that help us learn, grow, and stretch. We all have struggles, and we all need :earthly angels" to help us through those struggles. Sometimes those angels are family members, other times they are friends or members of our church. Oftentimes those angels are doctors, teachers, counselors or others who have dedicated their lives to helping professions. Sometimes those angels are people we meet only once, or who we don't know at all.

No matter what our circumstances or challenges, we all have the opportunity to help out others who may need it. Even if your family doesn't see you as someone who can help others, or you have made mistakes, you can be someone's angel. There is nothing that we can do, or that can happen to us that makes us unable to care for others, serve others, and make a difference in the life of someone else.

I know that my life has been touched by countless people, and most have been a positive part of my growth. Even those who have brought painful experiences have allowed me to become stronger, and to be more clear about what I need and what I will accept from others. I have learned how to set better boundaries because of those who haven't had them.

I am grateful to know that I am an eternal daughter of God, and that as I learn and grow, I will become closer to Him. I pray each day that I will be able to touch the life of someone else, and that I will be led to do the will of my Father.

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

So true...wise words. I especially liked where you said that, "There is nothing that we can do, or that can happen to us that makes us unable to care for others, serve others, and make a difference in the life of someone else."