Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A sweet dilemma - Wanna win some chocolate?

So, I have this dilemma. I made truffle centers tonight so that the kids and I can dip and decorate the truffles tomorrow. I was kind of rushed and tired trying to get them done. I could tell the consistency was a little off, but I just wanted to get them done. It wasn't until I was finished that I realized that I left the vanilla out of one batch. Now, they will still taste chocolaty and yummy, but they won't be as smooth as they normally would. I am not selling these truffles, and I hate to throw out yummy stuff in general. I know people will eat them, the question is, should I warn them that they won't be as smooth as usual, or just leave it and hope that they don't notice? Hmmmm....guess I will taste them in the morning and see whether they need to come with a warning or not.....

As a side note, I am also trying a new center made with peanut butter and white chocolate. I have made dark chocolate peanut butter centers a few years ago, but never with white chocolate, so we will see how they turn out.

So, do you want to try some truffles? Leave a comment, and I will randomly choose two people to mail or deliver the truffles to. If you have a preference for only receiving one kind, put that in your comment, otherwise I will send you a couple of each kind.

3 comments:

Kacie said...

I would love some truffles!

I say don't worry about telling them. Most people won't notice anyway, I'm sure.

JuliaKoponick said...

Kacie,

Yours was one of the three names I drew for people who commented this week. (Since so many people emailed me instead of commenting I drew one name from those people.) Can you email me your address at koponick@comcast.net? I don't think I have your current one.

Julia

Kacie said...

I shot you off an email!

Thanks Julia!