Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hanukkah Activities


The kids and I made these cute paper menorahs. They had fun coloring the version that was a coloring sheet. You can find it here.

We then made Hanukkah necklaces, out of blue and silver beads. Josh and Kat made theirs on silver ribbon, and Sarah used blue ribbon for hers. I used both ribbons, which I thought was brilliant, but made it take much longer than it should have. (Sorry, I didn't get pictures, but will try to get some later.)




We lit our menorah, and then had dinner. In a very non-traditional dinner, we had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and hash browns. After dinner we had a family testimony meeting, by the light of our beautiful menorah! It is wonderful to share the light of the gospel with each other by the light our our menorah! It is a blending of traditions and images that bring all of us closer to the Lord!

Happy Hanukkah to all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Eva...

I LOVE how you made your menorah and celebrated Hanukkah with the kids...I have also been celebrating this year with my latkes :-) I love the story and meaning behind it as well..

Thank you for such a wonderful post! I am glad it went so well...

Menorahs said...

Thank you for sharing .It gives me an idea on how to celebrate my 6th anniversary of my wife.