Saturday, December 4, 2010

Update on Free Money - What I got....


I went to two different Hallmark stores yesterday, and used one of the coupons, found here, at each store. I went with two friends, and it was a lot of fun to browse through the stores and see all of the things they had on display for the holidays.

At one of the stores I got wrapping paper. I got 2 rolls that would usually be $4.99 each, for $.98. How did I do it? Well, until Christmas Eve, Hallmark is running a special of buy one roll, get one for $.99. So, with my $5 off any purchase of $5 or more coupon, I only owed $.98. I thought this was an especially good deal because they really did have a good selection of wrapping papers and the paper was heavy duty, not like the stuff I got at a Black Friday sale that rips when I try to wrap anything with sharp corners.


At the second store I got hallmark holiday stickers (2 packs at $2.00 each) one of "last year's" ornaments that was marked down from $5.99 to $1.00, a gold and silver bag with leaves and acorns on it that was in the 50% off section because it was officially a Thanksgiving item (making it $.49), and a handmade hazelnut truffle ($1.75 and so worth the price). My total after using the $5 off coupon was $2.24.

I am taking a friend and her children out today to use some coupons, and then my mom and I are going out this afternoon so we can get more of the wrapping paper. We might even talk my dad into going with us, if we are lucky, and get 6 rolls of paper for less than $3.00.

Gotta love a good coupon, especially when you can combine it with a good sale!!

Did you use the coupon? What did you get?


Also, don't forget any comments on any blog post between November 30th and December 9th will enter you in the free fudge drawing. For more details, go here! I tried out a new triple chocolate/peppermint combination this week, and so that will go on the list of choices for the winners!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I used my coupon on a bag of cookie dough mix with a cookie cutter attached. It still cost me $3 but we're doing Secret Santa at school and I can give it to her as a gift. I almost did the wrapping paper deal but I have a ton of rolls that I got 75% off last year at Target so really no need for them.

JuliaKoponick said...

That is great!! I am glad that you got a good d3eal on your Secret Santa gift!! :-)

Amanda said...

Thanks for the coupon link! What a good deal on wrapping paper!