Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow?

(This picture is from 2009 when it snowed, it is not current.)

It is cold, there is snow mixed in with the rain, but who knows if it will actually snow and stick. This is Oregon, and while everyone gets excited/worried about snow, it often times doesn't come when it is forecasted. So, we will see.

I have always loved snow, although more the watching it fall, making hot chocolate and playing outside just long enough to get my nose cold, rather than the skiing down winter slopes for hours on end. When I lived in Bend we had more snow, and it was not as messy as the snow we get here in Portland. So, I have many wonderful memories of playing in the snow in Bend, or just watching it fall.



One of my favorite memories was from when Michael and I had just barely started dating, We had gone out to dinner on a snowy night (I think it was sometime in February) and we were talking about fun things to do in the snow. I said I loved to do cartwheels in the snow, because it made me feel like a snowflake. Michael said that he didn't think I could even do cartwheels, and certainly not in the snow. I told him to stop the truck, and I got out, and on the side of the road did a cartwheel for him. We still smile when we think about that, and how goofy we both felt, like kids playing in a winter wonderland.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

It it snows tonight and you do a cartwheel, we will have to get a picture.

Mike said...

I still remember that night. You doing a cart wheel and me being amazed that you did a cart wheel in the snow.

JuliaKoponick said...

I have a feeling we will be telling our great-grandchildren that story. I actually did a cartwheel this morning, just to prove I can still do them. It was even straight. :-)