Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Baby its sick in here..... (sung to the tune of baby it is cold outside)

For the last couple of days Maddy has been having loose stools and some diarrhea. Last night, she decided that wasn't enough, and so she added vomiting to her list of tricks. She did it a bunch. We finally turned off her pump to give her tummy a break, and have been trying to get some thickened pedialite down her. So far she throws most of it up, but is maybe keeping a little down. We took her into the doctor's at lunch time, and he wants to watch her, but is hopeful this will only he a 24 hour flu. She managed to only throw up once at the doctor's office, which we all took as a good sign.

So, we came home. Maddy is super cranky and clingy. She was not going to let me bring the groceries in, no matter what. Luckily it is 29 degrees outside, so nothing is going to spoil if it waits until Michael gets home and one of us can bring them in. I had just gotten her cleaned up from her last time throwing up, when I felt my stomach heave. I made it to the little garbage can, and took the bag outside so that I wouldn't have to smell it. Now I just hope that it is a one-time thing for me. I don't think having both of the only two people home, barfing all over the place, is going to work very well.

I am really hoping the doctor is right, and this is only a 24 hour flu bug. Here's hoping......

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, she's a pukey little puppy...so sorry...hope she feels better soon, and that I don't get sick!

JuliaKoponick said...

We are hoping that no one gets sick too! She is a little peppier....now she just needs to start peeing so that we don't have to take her in to Emanuel tonight.

Mike said...

Luckily, Maddy is asleep. She wet her diaper to prove that her kidney's are fully functional. Hopefully, she will let her very tired parents sleep tonight.