Sunday, December 20, 2009

The gratitude side of elfing


Tonight we had nine wonderful people who came and brought us wonderfully wrapped Christmas gifts. They filled our table and brought smiles to all the faces of our children. We sang Christmas carols with the group, and all of us could feel the love of the Lord in the room with us.

In sacrament meeting today they talked about how it is impossible to be proud, or to feel pride, and to still be under the influence of the Lord. Sometimes I think that I shouldn't ask for help, that I can do this without the help of anyone except the Lord. But that is pride in one of it's purest forms. If I believe that the Lord wants me to help others, as a stand-in for him, then the idea that I want the Lord to help me, without letting others be part of the process, is simply me being proud. So, my goal for the next year is to ask for help when I need it, to be gracious when other people suggest I need help, and to give help to others whenever I possibly can. Maybe then I can say that I am a little less proud, and a little more Christ-like.

So, I have a few other thank yous to share.

Thanks to Mark for watching Maddy all day Friday while Michael was in the hospital. Maddy was happy, safe and obviously had a lot of fun with grandpa. We really couldn't have done that day without you!



And to my wonderful, loving and compassionate husband, thank you for all the times you put me, and our family, first. I know that when we both are hurting, that you will think of both of us, and not just yourself. You make me want to be a better woman, because you are constantly working at being a better man. I truly am a lucky woman!

I love this picture of Michael and Maddy together, it is so representative of how close they are!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Good insights, and two great photos of two awesome dads. Thank you!