Thursday, January 14, 2010

Isaiah.....trying to apply it.....


I have been reading 2 Nephi, and while there are many plain and precious truths, there are also the Isaiah chapters, which can be hard to get through sometimes. It occurred to me though as I was reading them, that Nephi found Isaiah so inspiring that he couldn't take the chance that what he wrote might be changed in our bible, and so he felt compelled to include it in the pure form that he had. The are several places where he talks about the fact that Isaiah saw not only the Jews in the middle east, but also the Lehi and his descendants.

As I have been reading the Isaiah chapters this time, I also see so much of our days in them. Certainly it talks about Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel, but it doesn't stop there. So, I am reading more carefully. Instead of just "trying to get through" the Isaiah chapters, I am looking for ways that they apply to my life. I guess I am finally growing up as a scripture reader. Today my goal is to read with an eye towards applying Isaiah to my life.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

I actually love the Isaiah chapters (I didn't always feel this way about them). I find that it helps to read them as poetry - they are full of symbols and metaphors.

Anonymous said...

Buenas noches

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

Anonymous said...

I can' t but agree.I always wanted to write in my site something like that but I guess you' r faster.