Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Love in liquid form.....


I have always enjoyed taking a shower or a bath. I like feeling clean, and I like the chance for my hair to "reset." My hair never really dries the same way, although since my pregnancies my part at least seems to be about the same every time. I also like to be able to shave my legs and have them feel smooth. (Michael likes this part of me showering too. lol) It just feels great to walk out of a shower and feel like your body is ready for whatever clothes or exercise you might throw at it. I know a shower doesn't make me any skinnier, or more in shape, but my attitude is definitely skinner and more in shape! ;-)

This morning I was feeling gritty, a little cranky, and Maddy was clingy. I was afraid it was going to be another showerless day. My friend Anna, who watches Maddy at her house for me sometimes, agreed to come play with her for half an hour at our house, while I got a shower. She stayed for herbal tea and some homemade bread afterward, and to Maddy's disgust, we even had an adult conversation for another half an hour. It was pure heaven.

Now, for the commercial announcement: This shower was made possible my Mark fixing the drain on the bathtub last weekend, Costco carrying the razors that I like so that I could shave my legs, Anna and Maddy by playing together, and Heavenly Father who seperated water and earth. I may have forgotten someone, and if so, leave a comment, and I will rectify my oversight!

Happy Bathing Everyone!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Don't forget the water heater. That shower wouldn't be the same without it. :)

Kathy Haynie said...

Yay for showers! How nice of Anna to come help out.

Mike said...

You and Maddy looked GREAT! Thanks for lunch and the cup cake :-)

JuliaKoponick said...

I acknowledge my debt to Edwin Ruud, the inventor of the modern water heater!

Thanks for the reminder Dorothy!

Unknown said...

This is interesting, because I like being clean, but hate being wet. I do not enjoy my showers and bathes are almost torture. I do bathe, and often, but I would not say I enjoy them. It is in and out for me.