Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ultimate luxury



This may not sound like much to most people, but I have an entire day where I get to stay at home. I may have to run to the store to pick up a prescription, but that doesn't have a time frame in which I have to do it, so I am not counting it. So, there are no doctor's appointments, no meetings, no medical tests, nothing that I have to get myself to outside my home.

That doesn't mean I don't have anything to do. I already have cinnamon roll dough rising in a bowl on the counter, and I have Anna and her boys coming over after school for a play date. The kids will make cinnamon rolls and play, and Anna and I will get to talk. I have laundry to get done, and several calls to insurance and doctor's offices. I also have several thank you cards that I need to write.

I am finding time for "me" though, and it feels good to know that I can switch my schedule around as much as I want. Maddy can take her naps when she is tired, and not when we are in between things. I have already gotten a couple of chapters of scriptures read, and I am hoping to get through several more before bedtime. I don't know that I will have all the laundry caught up, but everyone will have clean clothes in all their drawers.

I am someone who enjoys being busy, so I don't want to sound like I am complaining about having a life that is less than sedentary. However, it is a certain kind of bliss to have a day like this; luxury in the extreme!

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

I. Love. Days. At. Home.

I know what you mean.

Mike said...

The cinnamon rolls were excellent!

I also love days at home.

Can I help you cook/bake?

JuliaKoponick said...

You are welcome to help anytime!! We are having left over burritos tonight....you can heat everything up if you want!